UPSC CDS 2011
Union Public Service Commission UPSC conducts Combined Defence Services CDS for admission in defence courses. There are two times in a year when this exam is conducted. These are conducted in the months of February and September as CDS I and CDS II respectively.
Through this exam, admission occurs in Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, Air Force Academy & Officers Training Academy.
UPSC CDS 2011 Written exam Date is 13.02.2011
Last Date of Submission of Application Form : 25.10.2010
UPSC CDS 2011 Eligibility Criteria :
- For Indian Military Academy ( IMA ): This is for unmarried male candidates only whose age is between 18 – 23 years. They should have degree from a recognized university & should be medically fit.
- For Indian Naval Academy ( INA ) : For applying for this, only male unmarried candidates are eligible who are born not earlier than 2nd Jan 1990 & not later than 1st Jan 1993. They should have Degree in Engineering.
- For Air Force Academy ( AFA ) : This is applicable for male candidates only but marital status is not a concern. They should be born not earlier than 2nd Jan 1987 & not later than 1st Jan 1993. These candidates must have a degree from a recognized university or are Bachelor of Engineering with Physics and Chemistry Mathematics at 12th std. Should be medically fit.
- For Officers Training Academy ( OTA ) : This is applicable for both men & women provided men are unmarried and Women are either unmarried or issueless divorces or issueless widow who have not remarried. The candidate must not have born before 2nd Jan 1987 or later than 1st Jan 1993. In education, they should have a Degree from a recognized university.
UPSC CDS 2011 Application Procedure : There is both Online as well as Offline means of applying for this. The online application can be made through the official website http://www.upsconline.nic.in. The application fee for this is Rs.50/- For Offline application, you need to get the application form from the designated post offices by cash payment of Rs.20/- & application fee is Rs.100/-
UPSC CDS 2011 Exam Pattern : The selection is through Written test, SSB interview and Medical Test. The written test for first 3 posts consists of 3 papers of 2 hours each & is of 100 marks each with 120 questions in each paper. The papers are on English, General Knowledge and Elementary Mathematics. The written test for last post i.e. Officers Training Academy consists of 2 papers of 2 hours each containing 120 questions in each paper which is of 100 marks each. The papers are on English and General Knowledge.
- CDS Papers CDS Question Papers
- Common Defence Service CDS Exam Eligibility Criteria
- Common Defence Service CDS Exam Selection Procedure
- UPSC IFS Exam
- Common Defence Service CDS Exam Syllabus
- UPSC IAS : Civil Service Exam Notification
- BSE Holidays 2011 NSE Holidays 2011 Stock Market Holidays 2011
- UPSC CPF AC Exam Eligibility Criteria
- UPSC Engineering Services Examination
- UPSC CSAT Syllabus
- MAT 2011
- UPSC CPF Exam Pattern
- NEST 2011 M.Sc. Admission
- UPSC CPF Exam Syllabus
- BITSAT 2011