Thapar University Entrance Exam
Thapar University was founded in the year 1956 by Karan Chand Thapar of Thapar Group of Companies. Thapar University is one of the premiere institute of Engineering & Technology. It is in Patiala, Punjab. There are various courses of Bachelors, Masters & Ph.D. level in Engineering & Technology stream.
There is entrance test for admission in B.E. program. There are 700 seats under B.E. in Thapar University. Out of these, 50% i.e 350 seats are reserved for the students belonging to Punjab. Admission in undergraduate courses is through AIEEE but you also have to apply separately for the admission in this university.
Subjects in which B.E. is available in Thapar University :
- B.Tech – Biotechnology (40 seats)
- B.E. – Chemical Engineering (75)
- B.E. – Civil Engineering (75)
- B.E. – Computer Engineering (110)
- B.E. – Electronics & Communication Engineering (110)
- B.E. – Mechanical Engineering (110)
- B.E. – Electrical Engineering (75)
- Integrated BE Industrial Engineering + MBA (30)
Thapar University Eligibility Criteria :
- Age – The candidate must be under 25 years of age.
- Education : He / She must have done 10+2 with minimum 60% aggregate marks with Physics, Mathematics & Chemistry / Biotechnology / Biology / Computer Science as compulsory subjects.
Application Procedure : You can get the application form from the university counter or from the Axis bank branch. Or you can apply online through the official website – www. thapar.edu.