National Talent Search Examination was started in 1963 by NCERT. This is a scholarship exam conducted to search the talented students & nurture their talent. From 2010, this exam will be conducted for class VIII students only. In this, there is 15% reservation for SC candidates, 7.5% for ST category & 3% reservation is for Physically challenged candidates of Class VIII.
NTSE Scholarship : On the basis of NTSE exam, 1000 scholarships will be given to each group of students appearing. According to the NTS rules, scholarship of Rs.500/- will be given per month.
NTSE Eligibility criteria : Those who are studying in class VIII in recognized schools are eligible to appear in NTSE.
NTSE Selection Pattern : The selection will be on the basis of 2 stages of written test. In the stage I, selection will be through States/UTs. Those who qualifies stage I will be allowed to give Stage II written test conducted by NCERT.
NTSE Exam Pattern : There is 2 stages in the written test,
a. Stage I exam is at State / UT level. There is 2 parts in it. These are Mental Ability Test (MAT) & Scholastic Ability Test (SAT) covering Mathematics, Social science & Science.
B. Stage II exam is at National Level. It consists of MAT, SAT & Interview.
How to apply for NTSE exam : The interested candidates can contact the State / UT Liaison officer for getting the application form. Also it can be downloaded from the official site http://www.ncert.nic.in.
- NTSE Sample Papers
- SAT Exam Pattern
- SAT Papers
- MAT Exam Pattern
- NABARD Assistant Managers Recruitment Exam Pattern
- CBSE NCERT Syllabus For Class 8
- Download NCERT Books for Class 8 – Free CBSE Books Class 8th
- Free Download NCERT Books – NCERT Textbooks
- VMU AICEE Vinayaka Mission University All India Common Entrance Exam Notification
- JNU CBEE Exam Pattern
- CBSE Class XII Mathematics Exam Pattern
- Common Defence Service CDS Exam Selection Procedure
- UPSC CPF Exam Syllabus
- CUSAT CAT Exam Pattern
- IISc Bangalore Integrated PhD Entrance Exam