IFS Exam Pattern
Indian Forest service Exam is conducted by UPSC to recruit officers just like IAS & IPS. Now-a-days many people are selecting their career in IFS. It is a very challenging & rewarding career. The officers who gets recruited through IFS exam has the duty to manage & supervise the forest reserves & wild life of the country.
UPSC IFS exam pattern is similar for every year. IFS Eligibility Criteria is similar as that of any UPSC exam. It is clearly mentioned below :
IFS exam consists of written exam & Interview. A candidate will be qualified on the basis of both of this.
Written Exam : It consists of 6 papers. The total marks will be 1400.
- Paper I – It is based on General English. The question paper will be of 300 marks. The standard will be of a science or engineering graduate of an Indian university. There is no such prescribed syllabus for this. The applicant will have to write an essay in English & other questions will be for checking the understanding of English language & his/her knowledge of English words.
- Paper – II – It is General Knowledge paper of 300 marks. The standard will be same as English paper. The candidate should have the knowledge of current affairs, history & geography of the country, political system & constitution. The candidate should be up-to-date.
- Paper III to Paper VI – The candidate have to select any 2 optional subjects. There will be 2 papers on each optional subject. The papers will be of 200 marks each. The optional subjects are agriculture, animal husbandry & veterinary science, chemistry, civil engineering, geology, mechanical engineering, statistics, agricultural engineering, botany, chemical engineering, forestry, mathematics, physics & zoology. You have to select only 2 subjects.
Each paper will be divided into 2 parts, part A & part B. There will be 8 questions in each paper in which 4 questions in Part A & 4 questions in part B. Out of 8 questions, you just have to attempt 5 questions. There will be 1 compulsory question in each part. So at least you have to attempt 2 questions from each part.
Interview : Those who are selected in the written exam will be called for the interview. They will be interviewed for the personality test. The objectives of the interview is to assess the candidate about his suitability for the job. All those qualities which are required for this job will be assessed. So the candidate has to prepare himself accordingly.
For more information, visit http://upsc.gov.in/exams/notifications/ifs-2010/appx1.htm.
- UPSC IFS Exam
- IFS Papers
- IFS Eligibility Criteria
- IAS Exam Pattern
- SLIET Exam Pattern
- GATE Exam Pattern
- Dena Bank PO Exam Pattern
- NDA Exam Pattern
- Maharashtra SET Exam Pattern
- CUSAT CAT Exam Pattern
- UPSC CPF Exam Pattern
- All India Bar Exam AIBE Pattern
- NAC Tech Exam Pattern
- BSNL JTO Exam Pattern
- SBI PO Exam Pattern