IELTS Exam Pattern
The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is taken by the students to get admission in universities of English speaking countries. This test checks the candidate’s English speaking skills so that they have no problem during the education programs in those countries.
The Objective of IELTS is :
- To test the ability to read & comprehend written & academic training.
- To test whether the candidate is able to do assignments in style that is suitable & appropriate for the university involved.
- To test whether the candidate is able to understand spoken English in lectures as well as while talking.
- To test whether the person is able to speak on general & given topics in formal & informal situations.
How to apply for IELTS : Application procedure is very simple. Just go through this & your all queries will get cleared.
IELTS exam :
It has 2 versions. One for getting admission in degree or diploma courses like undergraduate or postgraduate courses in University. This is Academic Module. Another is General Training Module which is for getting admission in secondary school or vocational training courses. Also those who wants to immigrant in English speaking country, this is required.
IELTS Exam Pattern / Exam Format : There are 4 sections-
- Listening section – This contains 4 parts in which there is 40 questions. Time allotted will be 30 mins & 10 mins to transfer the answers to answers sheet.
- Reading section – It is 1 hr. & there will be 40 questions divided in 3 parts.
- Writing section – There will be 2 writing task & you have to complete them in 1hr.
- Speaking section – Each candidate will be given 11 – 14 mins.
IELTS Exam Scoring : The score in each section is taken together to get the final score or Band score. There are 9 band scores like -
9 – expert user
8- very good user
7- good user
6- competent user
5- modest user
4- limited user
3- extremely limited user
2- intermittent user
1- non ser
0- did not attempt the test
IELTS Score Validity : The band score is valid for 2 years. During this period, the candidate can take admission any time.
- IELTS Scholarship British Council
- IELTS Practice Test Free Download
- How to Apply for IELTS
- GMAT Exam Pattern
- CAT Exam Pattern
- CEMAT Exam Pattern
- XAT Exam Pattern
- MAT Exam Pattern
- APPSC Group II Exam Pattern
- KMAT Exam Pattern
- SAT Exam Pattern
- JCECE Exam Pattern
- NAC Tech Exam Pattern
- Karnataka CET KCET Exam Pattern
- ATMA Exam Pattern