IAS Exam Pattern
UPSC conducts Civil Service exams every year for various government jobs in India. A large population try for this each year. To become a IAS is everyone’s dream. So prepare well to achieve your dream.
Only 4 attempts are allowed i.e a candidate can sit in IAS exam for only once. Even if he sits in one subject of Preliminary exam or give only preliminary exam, it is considered as attempt.
You can get UPSC IAS : Civil Service Exam notification in detail by going through it.
The IAS exam consists of Preliminary Examination & Main Examination.
PRELIMINARY EXAMINATION : It consists of objective questions. Those who qualifies this are called for Main exam. The duration of each paper is 2 hrs. 20 mins are extra are given for blind candidates. The paper is set in bilingual i.e. Hindi & English. The Preliminary exam consists of 2 papers-
- Paper I – it is based on General studies & carries 150 marks.
- Paper II – It is based on optional subjects & carries 300 marks. The optional subjects are Agriculture, Botany, zoology, chemistry, physics, political science, Medical science, animal husbandry & veterinary science, economics, geography, civil engineering, Mechanical engineering, Commerce, electrical engineering, Indian history, mathematics, geology, law, philosophy, psychology, sociology, statistics. You can select any one according to your convenience.
MAIN EXAMINATION : It consists of written exam & interview. There are 9 papers. Each paper is of 3 hrs. The papers are -
- Paper I – It is based on Indian language & the candidate has to select it. It carries 300 marks.
- Paper II – it is English paper of 300 marks.
- Paper III – It is essay type of 200 marks.
- Paper IV & V – It is based on general studies carrying 300 marks each.
- Paper VI – IX – The candidate has to select any two optional subjects. There will be 2 papers on each subject of 300 marks of each. The list of optional subjects is same as that in Preliminary exam.
The final stage is INTERVIEW. The questions will be mainly on general interest. So the candidate should be up-to-date. Every one face has the same question i.e. how to prepare for job interview. But there is no need to worry. Just be relaxed & keep an eye on current affairs. You will come out with flying colors for sure.
- IAS Mains Question Papers
- How to Prepare for IAS Exam
- UPSC IAS : Civil Service Exam Notification
- IAS Prelims Question Papers
- IFS Exam Pattern
- PMT Exam Pattern
- GATE Exam Pattern
- JCECE Exam Pattern
- SSC Junior Engineering JE Exam Pattern
- NABARD Assistant Managers Recruitment Exam Pattern
- AIPMT Exam Pattern
- SLIET Exam Pattern
- RPSC Grade II Teacher Exam Pattern
- NALSAR Exam Pattern
- NAC Tech Exam Pattern