How to Prepare for TOEFL
TOEFL is the test of English as a foreign Language. It is important for students to clear this in order to get admission in US universities & colleges for higher studies. It measure whether the candidate is able to use & understand North American English as it is spoken, written & heard in college & university environment.
Types of TOEFL Test :
You can opt for Paper based test ( PBT ) or next generation computer based test ( iBT )
TOEFL test you on the following categories :
- Reading - In this section, you are given a passage & based on which some multiple – choice questions ( MCQ ) are asked. You have to answer them all.
- Listening – You have to listen to a conversation between 2 people & also have to listen to a lecture. On the basis of these all you need to answer the MCQs.
- Speaking ( iBT only ) – In this, you are asked to listen to a lecture or passage & then have to answer 3 questions. This questions may be on the basis of passage / lecture or can be based on your personal experience.
- Writing – In this you have to write about the relation between the lecture & the passage. The word limit is approx. 150 – 200 words.
TOEFL Preparation :
TOEFL is administered by Education Testing Service ( ETS ) which is a US based company. It provides useful resources for TOEFL preparation like sample tests which contains real questions asked in previous year exams. You just have to pay little & it will be very beneficial for you. The various options are -
- ETS website : This provides free samples from all the segments of TOEFL. You just need to login from the respective country. So it provides all the relevant information about the TOEFL preparation from registration procedure to scoring details.
- Priced TOEFL Practice Online : These provides complete sample TOEFL test from ETS. This is available in $5.95 to $34.95. These provides instant feedback & gives the exact environment as is there during main test. Also you can expect considerable discounts.
- Free TOEFL Practice online : This must be joined by everyone who is seeking TOEFL. It provides each & every detail & gives you best preparation material. when you join TOEFL Practice Online, you’ll also get access to a free TOEFL prep sampler, featuring sample sections from all four portions of the iBT. The reading and listening questions are interactive, and the writing and speaking questions allow you to view sample responses to aid with your preparation.
- Other ETS TOEFL preparation products : This includes audio CDs & cassette tape test preparation kits. Also provides Official Guide to TOEFL iBT. This provides complete information about all the four sections like format, questions & also about registration & scoring.
This will definitely help you a lot. By following this you will succeed for sure.
- TOEFL Practice Test Papers
- TOEFL Syllabus
- How to Prepare for Bank PO Exam
- How to Prepare for IAS Exam
- How to Prepare for GATE
- How To Prepare For General Awareness Test
- How to Prepare for Group Discussion ( GD ) in Bank Jobs / Exams
- How to Prepare for Bank Clerk Exam
- How to Prepare for JMET
- How to Prepare for Job Interview
- How to Prepare for English Paper in Bank Exams
- GRE Practice Test Papers
- AIEEE Chemistry Question Papers
- ICICI Bank PO Exam Pattern
- TANCET Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test Exam Pattern