How to Prepare for Bank PO Exam
Now-a-days people are opting for bank exams on large scale as scope of progress is very good here & also it is comparatively easier to crack the exam. The only thing is devotion & motivation.
Probationary Officer ( PO ) is the initial stage to enter in banking industry. From this, one can progress very quickly to higher hierarchy like Manager, General Manager & may more. So this type of job fascinates fresh graduates a lot. And also they are correct in choosing this. This year also many banks have PO exams recently. Like there is ICICI Bank PO recruitment, SBI PO Recruitment, Corporation Bank PO exam, OBC Bank PO Exam 2010, UCO Bank PO exam 2010 etc.
Preparing for bank PO exam is not a tough job. It needs a little preparation only. The Probationary Officers ( PO ) are selected on the basis of written test & interview. Almost every bank has same pattern of written test. It consists of objective test & descriptive test.
The Objective Test generally carries of 200 – 250 marks & duration is generally 2 – 3 hrs. The questions are on the basis of reasoning aptitude, general awareness, English language & quantitative aptitude. Also there will be negative marking for each wrong answer.
The Descriptive Test is of 1hr generally & questions are essay type based on comprehension in English.
The following should be taken care of while preparing for PO exam :
- Reasoning Aptitude : In this section, questions are basically of diagrams, analysis, statements etc. You should be very keen & skillful while attempting this. You will be tested on the skills used by you to solve this. Also look for previous year question paper. This will help you a lot.
- General Awareness : For preparing this section, the best is to read the newspaper daily & find out the current affairs in banking sectors. global business, money markets etc.
- English language : This section covers questions on English grammar. Vocabulary, synonyms, antonyms etc. The simple grammar book is sufficient for preparation.
- Quantitative Aptitude : In this, maths of Xth Std will be asked like algebra, profit loss, percentage etc. Class Xth maths book is the source to prepare for it
Some of the reference books are Sultan Chand publications- Quantitative aptitude, Abhijit Guha, R.S. Agarwal & R.K. Gupta for maths, Also some CDs are available containing important questions
- How to Prepare for Bank Clerk Exam
- How to Prepare for English Paper in Bank Exams
- How to Prepare for Group Discussion ( GD ) in Bank Jobs / Exams
- How To Prepare For General Awareness Test
- How to Prepare for IAS Exam
- How to Prepare for Job Interview
- Bank Probationary Officer ( PO ) Exam Syllabus
- Vijaya Bank PO Exam Papers
- IDBI Bank Exam Papers
- How to Prepare for JMET
- Indian bank PO Exam Pattern
- UBI United Bank of India PO Exam Papers
- Dena Bank PO Exam Pattern
- How to Prepare for TOEFL
- Corporation bank PO Exam