Horticulture Courses in India
Horticulture is a branch of science which deals with cultivation of plants. This includes many processes like preparing soil for the planting of seeds, tubers and cutting. All this processes are done in scientific outlook in order to increase the productivity of crops. A Horticulturist is the one who work and conduct research in disciplines of plant propagation, cultivation, production, plant biochemistry, plant breeding, physiology and genetic engineering.
List of Courses in Horticulture in India :
- Diploma Courses : These are PG diploma in horticulture and floriculture, Diploma course in greenhouse cut flower production, Diploma in Horticulture Nursery Management and Diploma course in Greenhouse Vegetable Production.
- Post Graduate Courses : These are M.Sc. Agriculture and M.Sc. Horticulture
Eligibility Criteria of Horticulture Courses :
- For Diploma Courses – The interested students must completed 12th std with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as Compulsory subjects.
- For Post Graduate Courses – For this, the candidates must have done Bachelors degree either in Forestry, Horticulture or Agriculture.
List of Horticulture Entrance Exams :
- Dr Yashwant Singh Parmar University of Horticulture and Forestry entrance exam
- Common Entrance Test in Horticulture
- Maharashtra Council of Agricultural Education & Research entrance exam
- Vellanikara College of Horticulture Entrance Exam