GPAT stands for Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test. It is conducted by AICTE, New Delhi. In order to get admission in postgraduate programs with MHRD & other government scholarship in Pharmacy colleges, one has to clear GPAT. It was conducted for the first time in the year 2010. Earlier admission in pharmacy college was on the basis of GATE score.
GPAT Syllabus :
- Natural Products : Pharmacognosy & Phytochemistry – Chemistry, tests, isolation, characterization and estimation of phytopharmaceuticals belonging to the group of Alkaloids, Glycosides, Terpenoids, Ster oids, Bioflavanoids, Purines, Guggul lipids. Pharmacognosy of crude drugs that contain the above constituents. Standardization of raw materials and herbal products. WHO guidelines. Biotechnological principles and techniques for plant development, Quantitative microscopy including modern techniques used for evaluation, Tissue culture.
- Medical Chemistry : Structure, Classification, SAR, synthesis, nomenclature & metabolism of drugs which are in Indian Pharmacopoeia and British Pharmacopoeia. Stereochemistry of drug molecules. Introduction to drug design. Hypnotics and Sedatives, Analgesics, Neuroleptics, Anxiolytics, Anticonvulsants, Local Anaesthetics, Cardio Vascular drugs – Antianginal agents Vasodilators, Adrenergic & Cholinergic drugs, Cardiotonic agents, Diuretics, Anti-hypertensive drugs, Hypoglycemic agents, Antilipedmic agents, Coagulants, Anticoagulants, Antiplatelet agents. Chemotherapeutic agents – Antibiotics, Antibacterials, Sulphadrugs. Antiprotozoal drugs, Antiviral, Antitubercular, Antimalarial, Anticancer, Antiamoebic drugs. Diagnostic agents, NSAIDS, Antidepressants, Antihistaminics.
- Pharmaceutical Jurisprudence : Drugs and cosmetics Act and rules with respect to manufacture, sales and storage. Pharmacy Act. Pharmaceutical ethics.
- Biochemistry : Biochemical role of hormones, Vitamins, Enzymes, Nucleic acids, Bioenergetics. General principles of immunology. Immunological. Metabolism of carbohydrate, lipids, proteins. Methods to determine, kidney & liver function. Lipid profiles.
- Clinical Pharmacy : Therapeutic Drug Monitoring Dosage regimen in Pregnancy and Lactation, Pediatrics and Geriatrics. Renal and hepatic impairment. Drug – Drug interactions and Drug – food interactions, Adverse Drug reactions. Medication History, interview and Patient counseling.
- Pharmacology : General pharmacological principles including Toxicology. Drug interaction. Pharmacology of drugs acting on Central nervous system, Cardiovascular system, Autonomic nervous system, Gastro intestinal system and Respiratory system. Pharmacology of Autocoids, Hormones, Hormone antagonists, chemotherapeutic agents including anticancer drugs. Bioassays, Immuno Pharmacology. Drugs acting on the blood & blood forming organs. Drugs acting on the renal system.
- Pharmaceutics : Development, manufacturing standards Q.C. limits, labeling, as per the pharmacopoeial requirements. Storage of different dosage forms and new drug delivery systems. Biopharmaceutics and Pharmacokinetics and their importance in formulation. Formulation and preparation of cosmetics – lipstick, shampoo, creams, nail preparations and dentifrices. Pharmaceutical calculations.
- Pharmaceutical Analysis : Principles, instrumentation and applications of the following: Absorption spectroscopy (UV, visible & IR). Fluorimetry, Flame photometry, Potentiometry. Conductometry and Polarography. Pharmacopoeial assays. Principles of NMR, ESR, Mass spectroscopy. X-ray diffraction analysis and different chromatographic methods.
- Microbiology : Principles and methods of microbiological assays of the Pharmacopoeia. Methods of preparation of official sera and vaccines. Serological and diagnostics tests. Applications of microorganisms in Bio Conversions and in Pharmaceutical industry.
- GPAT Sample Papers
- GPAT Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test
- Entrance Exams For Pharma
- NAC Tech Syllabus
- CBSE NCERT Syllabus for Class 10 – NCERT Syllabus for Class 10th
- RPSC Law Syllabus
- All India Bar Exam AIBE Syllabus
- UPSC CSAT Syllabus
- NDA Syllabus
- UPSC CPF Exam Syllabus
- CBSE NCERT Syllabus for Class 7
- MAT Syllabus
- CMS Syllabus
- ICET Syllabus
- NCERT Syllabus For Class 12