Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering i.e GATE is an All India entrance exam for admission in Post graduate degree in Engineering i.e M.Tech. GATE Is conducted by joint effort of IISc, Bangalore & seven IITs on behalf of the National Coordination Board – GATE, Department of Higher, Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development MHRD, Government of India.
GATE Important Dates :
- Date of ONLINE exam : 30th January 2011
- Date of OFFLINE exam : 13th February 2011
- GATE Exam result : 15th March 2010
- Sale of Application form from Bank counters : Till 27th October 2010
- Sale of Application form from GATE office counters : Till 29th October 2010
GATE 2011 Eligibility Criteria : One of the following criteria is required to appear for GATE 2011 –
- Those who have bachelors degree in Engineering or Technology or Architecture or those who are in final year of such course are eligible.
- Having Masters degree in any branch or Science or Mathematics or Computer Application or Statistics or are in final year of this, can also apply for GATE.
- Students who are in II or III year of four year Integrated Masters degree program in Engineering or Technology can also give this.
- Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE (e.g. AMIE by IE(I), AMICE(I) by the Institute of Civil Engineers (India)-ICE(I)) as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech. Those who have completed section A or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible
GATE 2011 Application Procedure : The application fee for Online exam is Rs. 800 (Rs.400 for SC / ST / PD candidates) & for Offline exam, fee is Rs.1000 (Rs.500 for SC / ST / PD candidates). You can fill the application form Online or Offline. The details are given here – http://gate.iitm.ac.in/gate2011/howtoapply.php