Common Defence Service CDS Exam Selection Procedure
Common Defence Service exam is conducted by UPSC to recruit the Indian Citizens in officers cadre of Army, Navy & Air Force. It is conducted twice every year in the months of May & October.
Common Defence Service (CDS) selection procedure : The candidate is selected on the basis of written exam (conducted by UPSC), Intelligence & Personality test (conducted by Service Selection Board) & Medical test.
- Written Test : It is of objective type. The subjects of written exam id English, General Knowledge, & Elementary Mathematics. All the 3 papers are of 2 hrs.each & carry 100 marks each. The standard of English paper is of graduate level, & that of elementary mathematics is of matriculation level. The English paper is designed to test the understanding of English language & use of workman-like words. The General knowledge paper contains questions on current affairs, history of India, Geography etc. The elementary mathematics includes questions on algebra, trigonometry, mensuration, statistics, geometry & arthimetic.
- Intelligence & Personality Test : This tests the intelligence, his interest & the social traits essential for this job. Those who gets selected in written test are called for Intelligence & Personal test known as SSC Interview. This session lasts for 3-4 days. There will be group discussions, intelligence tests, outdoor group task, group planning, physical fitness test, interview, small lectures on general issues & psychological tests.
- Medical examination : Those who gets selected in interview are called for medical examination. This also lasts for 3-4 days. This is conducted in a Military Hospital.
Pre-Commission training : Those gets through all 3 tests are called for this training. This is a rigorous. so those who apply for this exam should prepare himself in advice about the training period.
Selected candidates gets admitted in any one of the following Academies :
- Indian Military Academy (IMA), Dehradun
- Officers Training Academy (OTA), Madras
- Naval Academy, Goa
- AirForce Academy, Begumpet, Hyderabad
- Common Defence Service CDS Exam Syllabus
- Common Defence Service CDS Exam Eligibility Criteria
- CDS Papers CDS Question Papers
- UPSC CDS 2011
- UPSC IAS : Civil Service Exam Notification
- Careers in Defence Services
- M.Tech Admission Procedure
- Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission APPSC Group I Exam Pattern
- Defence Services Entrance Exams
- TANCET Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test Exam Pattern
- IPS Indian Police Service Question Papers
- VMU AICEE Vinayaka Mission University All India Common Entrance Exam Notification
- Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission TNPSC Question Papers
- Common Law Admission Test (CLAT)
- IRS Indian Revenue Service Question Papers