Common Admission Test ( CAT ) is one of the most prestigious Management Entrance test conducted by IIM. This leads to admission in their 2 – years full time Post Graduate Program in Management. Other Management institutes also accept CAT score for admission in their respective institutions.
CAT is a aptitude test that tests the ability of the candidate through subjects like Mathematics & English. The level of this test is Std X. So one has to polish himself before attempting for CAT. There should be a thorough knowledge of everything.
The syllabus of CAT is as follows :
- Quantitative – This is divided into various Mathematics questions like :
Arithmetic – ratios & proportions, percentages, profit & loss, averages, distance & time, speed- distance, HCF, LCM, simple interests etc
Algebra – Quadratic equations, functions, Menstruations etc.
Geometry – Triangles, circles, co-ordinate geometry etc.
Other topics of maths like set theory, permutation & combination, binomial equation, complex number etc.
- Data Interpretation – it is based on graphs & tables. There are different types of graphs like line graph, pie chart, bar graphs etc. You must have a firm knowledge of all this.
- Reasoning – Like critical reasoning, visual reasoning, assertion & reasons, statements & assumptions, identifying strong arguments, statements & conclusions, cause & effect etc. You should be able to solve the problem easily. So you should have a good knowledge of all this so that question is solved in less time as time matters a lot in CAT exam.
- English – There are various topics like passage comprehension, verbal reasoning, antonyms, sentence completion, sentence correction, one word substitution, punctuation, different usage of same word etc.
- CAT Exam Pattern
- ICET Syllabus
- CAT 2010 – 2011
- CUSAT CAT Exam Pattern
- CUSAT CAT Eligibility Criteria
- Institutes Accepting CAT Score
- SLIET Syllabus
- Common Defence Service CDS Exam Syllabus
- TOEFL Syllabus
- CBSE NCERT Syllabus for Class 10 – NCERT Syllabus for Class 10th
- BSNL JAO Exam Pattern BSNL JAO Exam Syllabus
- Bank Probationary Officer ( PO ) Exam Syllabus
- NCERT Syllabus for Class 6
- GRE Syllabus
- JCECE Syllabus