Careers in Ayurveda
Ayurveda is a alternative system of medicine which is practiced all over the country and also globally. In Ayurveda, treatment is based on medicines prepared from plants and plant products. It is one of the oldest methods of medicine and treatment originated around 600 BC in India. It is based on three humors of the body which are Vata (Nerve energy), Kapha (Anabolic nutritive energy) and Pitta (Carbolic fire energy).
Those who wants to establish their career in Ayurveda, need to get the bachelors degree first. This is BAMS (Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery). After this, Masters degree is also available. BAMS is of 5 1/2 years with 6 months of compulsory rotatory internship. Post graduation is of 3 years durations whereas PhD is of 2 years.
Institutes / Universities providing BAMS & MD in Ayurveda : These are
- University of Health Science, Vijayawada
- Swami Ramanand Teerth Marathwada University, Nanded
- National Institute of Ayurveda, Jaipur
- Mahatma Gandhi Gramoday Vishwavidyalay
- Dr. MGR Medical University, Guindy, Chennai
- Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore
- Rashtriya Ayurveda Vidyapeeth (National Academy of Ayurveda), New Delhi
- Gujarat Ayurved University, Jamnagar
BAMS Eligibility Criteria : For doing Bachelors degree in Ayurveda, one has to pass 12th class with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as compulsory subjects.
Career in Ayurveda : Those who want to establish their career in ayurveda, bachelors degree is also sufficient. After BAMS, you can apply for medical officer at government and private hospitals. You can also go for your private practice by establishing you own clinic. Also, you can go for lectureship in government colleges after clearing UPSC. Also you can go in clinical research centers.
Ayurvedic Doctor Pay scale : Pay Scale usually depends on the type of institutes you are working with. In government institutes, starting salary is about Rs.8000/-. In private practice, it will vary depending on your capability to satisfy the patient with your treatment.
- List of Colleges Providing MD in Ayurvedic Medicine in India
- Aeronautical Engineering Careers in India
- Careers in Defence Services
- PMET Punjab Medical Entrance Test
- TISS Eligibility Criteria
- Health Management Institutes in India
- PMET Eligibility Criteria
- Audiology and Speech Therapy Colleges in India
- List of Orthopedics Entrance Exams
- Homeopathic Colleges in India
- List of Medical Entrance Exams in India
- MHT CET Eligibility Criteria
- Sardar Patel University Medical Entrance Test
- BEE Bureau of Energy Efficiency 2011
- CMS Syllabus