Career in Merchant Navy
Shipping industry is one of the most renowned industries with highly competent & professional. A large part of total trade of the world goes by sea. So, merchant ships are in great requirement. Merchant navy deals with the transport of cargo and sometimes, cargo passengers by sea. Merchant navy is a very attractive career with very good numeration.
A ship is divided into 3 departments where manpower is required. These are Deck department, Engine Department and Saloon Department. A deck officer is responsible for navigating the ship from one port to another. Also, he has to take care of the safe loading and unloading of the cargo. An Engine officer is responsible for the smooth working of all the engineering system on board of the ship and maintain them in good working condition.
Merchant Navy Courses in India : These are -
- B.Sc. in Nautical Science which is a 3 yrs course for those who have passed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English as compulsory subjects.
- B.E. in Marine Engineering which is a 4 yrs course for students after 12th std.
- M.E. in Marine Engineering which is a 2 yrs course for those who have passed B.E in Marine Engineering.
- Also, there is 1 year course for Graduate Mechanical Engineers.
Career in Merchant Navy : Those who finally completed the any one of the Merchant navy course, can get recruitment in Deck department as Navigational Officers like Captain or First Mate, Second Mate or Third Mate. You can even get the job in Engine Department as Marine Engineer. Also, you can join the Foreign shipping companies.
Benefits of Merchant Navy Courses : This is one of the best paid services in the world. Also it is quite interesting for those who love to travel and explore the world and sea.
Institute that give training on Nautical Science and Marine Engineering : These are
- The Training Ship Chanakya (T S Chanakya), Karaus, Navi Mumbai.
- Marine Engineering & Research Institute, Hay Bunder Road, Mumbai – 400 033
- Marine Engineering Research Institute, P-19, Taratolla Rd, Kolkata-700088
- Directorate General of Shipping, Jahaj Bhavan, Ballard Estate, Walchand Hirachand Marg, Mumbai 400001
- Merchant Navy Colleges in India
- Indian Navy 10+2 Technical Cadet Eligibility Criteria
- Indian Navy SSC Officers Recruitment 2011
- Career in Forensic Science
- Career as a Customs Officer
- Career As a Company Secretary
- Career Opportunities After B.Sc.
- Defence Services Entrance Exams
- Reserve Bank of India RBI Officer Recruitment
- List of Civil Services Training Institutes in India
- LLB Course
- MES Military Engineer Services Junior Engineers
- Top Fashion Designing Institutes in India
- Travel And Tourism Colleges in India
- Madurai Kamaraj University M.Sc. Exam Pattern